There are many exciting developments happening amongst Network members for the upcoming COP24 in Katowice, Poland that begins next week.
On behalf of the Secretariat, we’d like to invite Adaptation Network members to share their events/side-events/panel/meeting commitments over the course of COP proceedings for all those attending during 2–14 December 2018.
Events that Network members attending COP24 should be aware of include:
- Noel Oettle, the outgoing Secretariat Manager of the AN, will speak at a side-event co-organized by FWP, INBO and OSS on “Water and climate challenges: time to finance actions”. This event will take place on Friday 7 December, 11:30-13:00. Language: English only at COP24, in Katowice, Poland. All are invited to attend.
- Indigo development & change is co-hosting an event this year entitled “Exploring Innovative Approaches to Strengthen Capacity on Direct Access to Climate Finance” on 7 December, 15:00 – 16:30. All are invited to attend.
- The Adaptation Network is a contributing partner in the organisation of this year’s Development & Climate Days, an important learning and networking event held over the weekend between the two weeks of the COP. The D&C Days are designed to feed key messages from practice into the negotiations at the COP, and will be organised around 4 themes:
- Transparency and downward accountability
- Resilience through empowerment
- Financing adaptation, risk reduction and risk management
- Valuing lived experience and local knowledge.
If you are planning to be at the COP, please don’t miss this premium event. Attendance is free and you can register on line here.
Please post your COP24 activities on the Adaptation Network online forum. This forum provides a platform to promote the events that you will be attending, facilitating, presenting at or hosting. This is a great opportunity to showcase your work with other AN members and to ensure robust participation from, and networking opportunities for, SADC delegates.
Please ensure that you include the topic, date, time, venue and any other relevant information in your posting.